Charges have now been brought against tow people suspected of taking part in the Boris Nemtsov murder. Zaur Dadayev and Anzor Gubashev detained earlier in the week have now been officially charged.
Five suspects, in total have been rounded up. One suspect claimed on Sunday to have an alibi that absolved him of the murder.
“At the time of the murder, I was at work as I usually am every day. There are many people, my colleagues, who will confirm this,” Tamerlan Eskerkhanov said in Moscow’s Basmanny District Court.
RIA Novosti reports that another three suspects have pleaded not guilty.
Now back to the one suspect who has actually pleaded guilty.
Sputnik News Agency reports…
“Dadayev’s guilt is confirmed by his confessions,” the judge [from the Moscow District Court] said.
Zaur Dadayev and Anzor Gubashev were detained early Saturday in connection with Nemtsov’s assassination. Later in the day, reports emerged that two more alleged accomplices from southern Russia’s Caucasus region have been apprehended.
Later the same day, a spokesman for the Security Council of Russia’s Republic of Ingushetia told RIA Novosti that Dadayev served as deputy commander of a unit of the Chechen Republic Ministry of Internal Affairs’s “Sever” battalion.
The judge added that Dadayev’s arrest would last until April 28 as well as the investigation on Nemtsov’s murder case.
This decision can be appealed within three days. The decision regarding Dadayev’s arrest was taken due to investigators’ concerns that he may flee, threaten witnesses or destroy evidence.
— RT (@RT_com) March 8, 2015
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Duran.