Conspiracy theories often abound about many different topics. The seven people that run the world. The Illuminati. UFO’s. Secret government antigravity and other “black projects.” President Trump as the secret agent of Vladimir Putin. Chemtrails. DARPA. All these and many others form the basis for many interesting theories and stories, even movies that are considered “documentaries.” But few such tales have aroused as much apparently serious attention as the new one concerning Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.
It is an easily visible fact that she does not agree with the policy ideas of President Trump. It is also easily evident that she thinks she can overrule the President’s wishes to break the decades-long silent conspiracy over open borders with Mexico, and to build a substantial barrier along that border.
It could also be easily inferred from both vocal and body language that she does not personally like Mr. Trump either, and at the very least considers his presence in the White House as an anomaly, as something that went wrong in “the plan.”
But what about the idea of her arranging an assassination attempt against the President?
This is the focus of a new conspiracy theory that has gained some partial reporting even in mainstream news media outlets. The most popular video presently on YouTube about this has well over 568,000 views (gained in nine days) at the time of this writing. The narrator makes a wise comment as a possible disclaimer:
For several days, the following theory has been making its way around the internet. I found it difficult to completely dismiss, when I first came across it. It’s been in the back of my mind ever since. A comprehensive time-line was made available yesterday. The evidence provided with the time-line, although circumstantial, renders it impossible for me to continue ignoring what I am about to share with you.
Here is how the conspiracy goes, in brief:
- January 3: Mrs. Pelosi invites President Trump to deliver the State of the Union, setting the date at January 29, 2019
- January 16: Mrs. Pelosi asks the President to postpone the address, or deliver it in writing. This was taken as a sign that the Democrats were afraid of being called out for the presently occurring partial government shutdown.
- However, she also asserted that there was a security risk for the Capitol because the Secret Service and the Dept of Homeland Security were both not getting paid for their services during the shutdown. She said this without actually checking if it were true with these agencies.
- January 16, 11:25am – Kirsten Nielssen, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security soon affirmed that both agencies were fully ready to support the needs of the SOTU
- January 16: 21-year old Hasher Taheb was arrested on the charge of planning an attack against the White House on January 17th, using among other things an AT-4, an anti-tank weapon. This story got next to zero media attention, further the Atlanta Journal-Constitution downplays the abilities of this young man to carry out his plan, despite significant efforts he made.
- January 17th: Nancy Pelosi adjusts her “delay” stance on the SOTU to say it should not be given because the workers in the departments are not getting paid. (All of Congress is getting paid, Democrats vacationed in Puerto Rico, Pelosi went to Hawaii, and President Trump stayed at the White House over the Christmas break, except when he left to visit the troops.)
This is where it gets really hairy, though.
- Nancy Pelosi planned a trip during the shutdown to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan, together with her entire family, a group of seven other Congressional delegates, and according to the Marshall Report and other rampant reports, 93 other people, family members of both Mrs. Pelosi and the other delegates, a claim that has no corroboration anywhere else we can find at this time. This trip was scheduled for January 17th, the same day that Hasher was planning to attack the White House.
- However even the idea of Representative Pelosi going to Afghanistan is a surprise. An early report on the Rush Limbaugh program noted that she has never gone there in the history of the entire US involvement, so why now?
- Further, the trip was set to visit NATO leaders in Europe.
- President Trump canceled her trip, but then quietly sent his own wife, Melania and young son Barron, to Florida by government transport.
- The letter canceling the trip was released at 2pm on January 17th. Mrs. Pelosi and Co. were scheduled to depart D.C. at 3pm that day (January 17th)
- Further, Mrs. Pelosi tried to hand-pick the crew for the trip. This was denied as well but it adds to the mystery. Was it really because of their “great service?”
- The plan for the trip was initiated around Christmas. In Afghanistan, government staffers were not thrilled about the upcoming trip. Foreign Service officers were working for two weeks without pay.
- Nancy Pelosi made a public reply that the stop in Brussels was to meet with NATO leaders to assure them of the ironclad nature of the US alignment with them. However on December 3rd, Mike Pompeo met with NATO heads as well. What would Pelosi possibly have to say?
- While Pelosi denied she was traveling to Egypt, the itinerary of the flight said otherwise. Incidentally, again, Mike Pompeo had just been to Egypt 10 days prior.
- January 18: Pelosi tries again to fly commercial to these same places, but has to cancel the trip, and accuses the White House of “leaking her commercial flight plans.” What commercial flights go to Afghanistan with US government officials?
- January 18: President Trump announces that he plans to make a major announcement Saturday to be broadcast live from the White House.
- The strangest incident yet: From Donna Brazile, this tweet:
- This seems to be very strange. We are looking for an archived copy of this tweet, but have not yet located it.
Is this code for an assassination attempt? MLK was, and “hope” is part of the mantra for Barack Obama during his own campaign.
- January 18: Pelosi and Co. spotted at Reagan Airport
- Last in our list (though the attached video describes still more), when the Air Force bus carrying the delegation was brought back from the airport on the 17th, it reportedly circled several times before stopping and letting everyone out. This raises its own set of questions, namely “why?”
And this last is even weirder: Snopes.com is widely understood to be a leftist “fact checker” site, but often some of the conspiracy theory debunking it does is pretty accurate. They checked into the allegation that 93 family members were to go on this trip (to Afghanistan!) and could not prove it one way or the other. In fact, this is what they said:
We requested comment from all seven Congressional members of the cancelled delegation: House Speaker Pelosi and U.S. Reps. Adam Schiff, Susan Davis, Eliot Engel, Elaine Luria, Stephen Lynch and Mark Takano. We did not receive a response from any of them.
This seems to be very telling. If there was no story, it probably would have taken all of about ten seconds to say so.
More information is offered in these video clips:
The conspiracy theory is that an attempt to bolster Deep State alliances was attempted. The timing of the alleged attacker, the possibility of several high-ranking US Congressional members, plus the Speaker of the House to be out of the US at the time of the attack, is spooky. Nancy Pelosi, as Speaker of the House, is third in line of succession. If the President and Vice President were killed or seriously incapacitated, she would become President.
So, is this a hokey conspiracy theory, just dreamed up by Trump supporters who are aggravated by Mrs. Pelosi’s stubbornness?
Let us hope so. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer together have successfully managed to hold the US government still and more importantly, they have been somewhat effective in at least delaying the President from getting the border wall built.
Remember that this wall’s completion will absolutely cut illegal border traffic. While that border traffic has been dropping since 2000’s high point of 1.6 million apprehended, 2018 still had some 470,000 illegals caught by the Border Patrol and ICE, which is the size of a large American city. On Wednesday, a huge drug seizure was accomplished at the US-Mexico border, with a haul of Fentanyl so large that it could have killed some 57 million people.
Closing the border with the wall will probably not stop all illegals. But it will stop the vast majority of them, and it may make the problem of illegal border crossings manageable while a better solution is found. But this will also aggravate interests in both political parties, for this is why the border has never been closed. Many people profit from cheap labor.
However, Mr. Trump is not a politician. He is a populist leader, and as we have already seen, he means to keep his word to his supporters, and it definitely appears that he does not care a fig for sweeping this matter under the carpet.
We know the media hates the President, and spends much of its time in a mindless rage over his existence.
The real question is, probably, therefore, this:
How many assassination attempts have been tried against President Trump? The second video says 12. Why do we not know about them?
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Duran.