The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of this site. This site does not give financial, investment or medical advice.
We here at The Duran want to help. Like any good doctor we to need identity what evokes these extreme emotional reactions to the man who will be the 45th resident in the White House. We call this state of mind Post-election Trump Syndrome or PETS.
You may be experiencing PETS if you are having the following thoughts:
- The federal government might be serious about rebuilding the country’s infrastructure?
- Has it crossed your mind CNN and the rest of the mainstream media are the source of fake news and establishment propaganda?
- After years of talk and little action the U.S. might implement a rational and much needed system of border controls?
- Does it keep you up at night the U.S. might stop overthrowing elected governments around the world?
- Is it a concern of yours U.S. might seriously stop wasting billions of dollars on other countries’ defense and security?
- Are worried that you might lose what little knowledge of geography you have if the U.S. stops its illegal military interventions around the globe?
- Are you terrified Russia might not be the enemy you have been endlessly told?
- Ok, Hillary Clinton is corrupt to the core, but she is our corrupt politician to the core!
- Are you disturbed government might not exist to only serve the interests of the super rich?
- Has it crossed your mind the majority of your fellow citizens are more worried about jobs and wages and not about Hollywood’s “diversity propaganda?”
- Are you shocked the U.S. might start fighting radical Islamist terrorists instead of supporting them and arming them?
- Do you lament the elite-inspired “culture wars” may be toned down?
- Do you breakout in a sweat thinking some people in power might openly talk about Christian values?
- Are you worried you won’t have others to blame for your own failures anymore?
We believe the thoughts above are only the tip of the PETS iceberg. We see real mental disorder all across the land. We suggest the following: 1) the path to recovering from PETS is to stop acting like someone’s pet – grow up and stop whining. 2) keep reading The Duran!
Peter Lavelle is host of RT political debate program CrossTalk. His views may or may not reflect those of his employer.