1. Russia’s surface area is bigger than Pluto’s surface area.
2. Russia spans 11 contiguous time zones which is more than any other country.
3. Siberia accounts for 77% of Russia.
4. Lake Baikal holds 1/5 of the world’s fresh water. And it is absolutely beautiful.
5. At the nearest point, Russia and the United States are less than 4 km apart.
6. In 1867 Russia sold Alaska to the United States for less than 2 cents an acre. Not bad, huh?
7. It is believed that Russia has at least 15 “secret cities” with unknown names and locations. Care to find them?
8. More than 9 million people ride the Moscow Metro every day. That is more than New York and London combined.
9. In Russia, driving around with a dirty car is a criminal offense. So don’t do it…
10. Apple is worth more than the entire Russian stock market.
Know another crazy fact about Russia?
Share with us in the comments!