1. Russia’s surface area is bigger than Pluto’s surface area.
2. Russia spans 11 contiguous time zones which is more than any other country.
3. Siberia accounts for 77% of Russia.
4. Lake Baikal holds 1/5 of the world’s fresh water. And it is absolutely beautiful.
5. At the nearest point, Russia and the United States are less than 4 km apart.
6. In 1867 Russia sold Alaska to the United States for less than 2 cents an acre. Not bad, huh?
7. It is believed that Russia has at least 15 “secret cities” with unknown names and locations. Care to find them?
8. More than 9 million people ride the Moscow Metro every day. That is more than New York and London combined.
9. In Russia, driving around with a dirty car is a criminal offense. So don’t do it…
10. Apple is worth more than the entire Russian stock market.
Know another crazy fact about Russia?
Share with us in the comments!
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Duran.