We are still in the early stages of what could be a huge turning point in an already tense conflict in Ukraine. So while all sides involved deny any responsibility for the Malaysian Airlines 777 tragedy, here as some facts we do know:
- Ukraine’s National Security and Defence Council took a decision to close the airspace over the area of the so-called anti-terror operation to commercial flights three days ago.
- Aircraft flying at altitudes higher than 10,000 meters could be reached only by weapons like S-300 or Buk systems.
- Ukrainian army’s Buk air defence battalion had been moved to the Donetsk area on Wednesday, July 16.
- Just days ago Ukraine insisted that Pro-Russian Self Defence Forces don’t have sophisticated Buk weapons.
- Pro-Russian Self Defence Forces have also stated that all they possess are MANPADS, making the shooting of a plane at such a high altitude effectively impossible.
- Technically shooting down such a flight would require extremely sophisticated radar equipment and tracking.
- The plane was to deep inside Ukrainian territory to have been shoot down by Russia.
- 189 Dutch, 44 Malaysian, 27 Australian, 12 Indonesian, 9 British, 4 German, 4 Belgian, 3 Filipinos, 1 Canadian, Romanian, 1 NZ were on board.
- Pro-Russian Self Defence Forces in East Ukraine say they have recovered 8 of the 20 the “Black Box” flight recorders.
- Pro-Russian Self Defence Forces have called for a 3-5 day cease fire in fighting with the Kiev Junta forces, so that a proper investigation can take place.
And some shocking speculation:
- Putin’s plane may have been the target of Ukrainian rocket as reported by Interfax, citing an unidentified person in the Russian aviation service.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin’s plane crossed route of crashed Malaysian plane near Warsaw.
- It is possible that a Ukrainian rocket was fired from land or from a military plane as cited an Interfax source
- Comparing the MH 17 plane that crashed and Putin’s plane shows that the contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, and coloring, from a remote distance, is almost identical