International health data and experience is showing that New Zealand’s lockdown is unnecessary, and even more harmful than the problem we’re trying to solve.
Plan B represents the knowledge, perspectives and questions of a multi-disciplinary group of expert and passionate people on how and why New Zealand should modify its response to COVID-19.
We are a cross-disciplinary group of academics concerned about the welfare and futures of all Kiwis. As a group, we set up this website to share information for the public good and to set out our vision for a balanced response to COVID-19.
- Dr Simon Thornley – Senior lecturer of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The University of Auckland
- Dr Grant Schofield – Professor of Public Health, AUT, Auckland
- Dr Gerhard Sundborn – Senior lecturer of Population and Pacific Health, University of Auckland.
- Dr Grant Morris – Associate Professor of Law, Victoria University of Wellington.
- Dr Ananish Chaudhuri- Professor of Experimental Economics, University of Auckland and Visiting Professor of Public Policy and Decision Making, Harvard University, Massachusetts, USA
- Dr Michael Jackson – Postdoctoral researcher with expertise in biostatistics and biodiscovery, University of Wellington
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Duran.