The cease-fire that never was has now officially been called off. Today, Ukrainian President Poroshenko issued a lengthy statement declaring the cease-fire over, opting to continue bombing his own citizens in an effort to appease neocon Victoria Nuland, IMF bankers and western big business, bent on overtaking the industry rich east of the country.
Of course all of this comes as no surprise to anyone following the entire, staged Ukraine crisis. The fake cease-fire was really just a cover to move military hardware along the border to the east and try to cut off the Ukraine Self Defense Forces. In the west of Ukraine, reports have been well documented (just not by western main stream media), that during the down time new rocket and artillery units were moving in to encircle Self Defense Forces positions.
In short, the made up, unilateral cease-fire was just a way for Poroshenko and his U.S. military advisors (who are in country) to plan their attack, bring their divisions into position, and move out once the EU Accession Agreement was signed and wrapped up in Brussels. Now that everything is in placed and all PR stunts have run their course, the attack is ready to roll.
One would have to be naive to believe that the East Ukraine Self Defense Forces were not closely following these movements and expecting this attack from day one. In a prelude to what may await the Ukraine army, during the cease fire Self Defense Forces made two successful ambushes on neo-nazi Right Sector Units, winning decisive victories against the fascist army.
In summary, expect a blood bath to ensue (making Victoria Nuland giddy with joy), as the main stream media prepares a fresh new round of ‘it’s all Russia’s fault, Putin wants to invade Europe’ nonsense. It’s the standard WMD, false flag playbook that got America entwined in the current, never ending, mess that is Iraq.
For more insight on the impending military quagmire in Europe, Reuters reports:
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Tuesday government forces would renew offensive operations against rebels and “free our lands”, hours after a ceasefire to allow for peace talks with the pro-Russian separatists had expired.
In a statement on his Facebook page, the 48-year-old leader said: “Taking into account all the circumstances, I can affirm that things will be difficult, but we must be united, because we are fighting to free our land from dirt and parasites.”
“The unique chance to implement the peace plan was not realised. It happened because of the criminal actions of the militants. They publicly declared their unwillingness to support the peace plan as a whole and in particular the ceasefire,” Poroshenko said.
Poroshenko said he was willing to return to a ceasefire “at any moment” if it became clear that all sides were ready to carry out all aspects of the peace plan, including the freeing of hostages and creating effective border controls.
The announcement came after a four-way phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin and German and French leaders aimed at helping end the crisis in the Russian-speaking east where government forces have been battling rebels since April.
The president, who had been under Western pressure to extend the ceasefire, is facing rising anger at home over the military deaths. Local media said hundreds of people had gathered outside of his administration building in Kiev in anticipation of a statement on the fate of the truce.
Unfortunately Poroshenko’s statements are nothing more than a declaration of war against his countrymen who are resisting attempts to be overrun by a neo-nazi backed Kiev regime.
The consistent use of the word ‘our lands’ by Poroshenko is strange logic, since it is Ukranian citizens that currently live on the very lands he wishes to ‘liberate’ via bombs and heavy artillery. It appears that Poroshenko’s speech is more of a primer to ethnic cleanse the very men, women and children that reside on land he wishes to take over and divvy up.
The sinister elements at play here surprise no one, as Poroshenko’s power base consists of Right Sector and Svoboda neo-nazi groups, as the Centre for Research on Globalisation notes:
The [Ukraine] Cabinet is not only integrated by the Svoboda and Right Sector (not to mention former members of defunct fascist UNA-UNSO), the two main Neo-Nazi entities have been entrusted with key positions which grant them de facto control over the Armed Forces, Police, Justice and National Security.
While Yatsenuyk’s Fatherland Party controls the majority of portfolios and Svoboda Neo-Nazi leader Oleh Tyahnybok was not granted a major cabinet post (apparently at the request of assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland), members of Svoboda and the Right Sector occupy key positions in the areas of Defense, Law Enforcement, Education and Economic Affairs.
Andriy Parubiy co-founder of the Neo-Nazi Social-National Party of Ukraine (subsequently renamed Svoboda) was appointed Secretary of the National Security and National Defense Committee (RNBOU), a key position which overseas the Ministry of Defense, the Armed Forces, Law Enforcement, National Security and Intelligence.
Andriy Parubiy together with party leader Oleh Tyahnybok is a follower of Ukrainian Nazi Stepan Bandera, who collaborated in the mass murderer of Jews and Poles during World War II.
In turn, Dmytro Yarosh, leader of the Right Sector delegation in the parliament, has been appointed Parubiy’s deputy Secretary of the RNBOU.
Yarosh was the leader of the Brown Shirt Neo-Nazi paramilitary during the EuroMaidan “protest” movement. He has called for disbanding the Party of the regions and the Communist Party.
The Neo Nazi party also controls the judicial process with the appointment of Oleh Makhnitsky of the Svoboda party to the position of prosecutor-general of Ukraine. What kind of justice will prevail with a reknown Neo-Nazi in charge of the Prosecutor’s Office of Ukraine?
The sad truth that U.S. and EU officials are in bed with neo-nazi elements in the heart of Europe is disturbing to say the least. The added fact that the EU signed an association agreement with a nation about to lay waste to its own population is criminal. We are about to witness a US/EU recognised fascist government attack a territory inhabited by Christian – European citizens.
For its part, the Special Defense Forces in the east have warned that they might not be able to survive this all out Kiev attack…but remember that they fight to protect their families, and sources are stating that the morale is sky high among the soldiers.
Of course, when dealing with Ukraine, all blame from the west must fall, somehow on Russia, as more threats of sanctions are dished out…
Moscow could face more penalties from the EU on top of existing asset freezes and visa bans unless pro-Russian rebels act to wind down the crisis in the Ukraine’s Donetsk and Luhansk provinces.
Poroshenko, who accuses Russia of fanning violence in eastern Ukraine, dismissed Moscow’s offers to defuse the crisis, and accused the rebels of failing to keep to the truce or follow a peace plan he had outlined. “We will attack and free our lands. The decision not to continue the ceasefire is our answer to terrorists, militants and marauders,” he said in a televised statement delivered in front of the blue-and-yellow Ukrainian flag.
There was no immediate response from the Kremlin. But the speaker of Russia’s lower house of parliament called for a new ceasefire, Interfax news agency reported.
“We think that without a truce, without the start of dialogue, it is simply impossible to restore peace, justice and law and order in Ukraine,” Sergei Naryshkin, an ally of Putin, was quoted as saying.
At Putin’s request, the Russian parliament last week revoked the right it had granted him in March to invade Ukraine in defence of its Russian-speakers.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told state TV Moscow was ready to allow OSCE security and rights watchdog monitors and Ukraine’s border guards to enter the Russian side of the border for joint control. Kiev accuses Russia of letting fighters and arms to cross the border into eastern Ukraine.
EU leaders said on Friday they were ready to meet again at any time to adopt more sanctions on Russia. Diplomats said they could target new people and companies with asset freezes as early as next week. More than 60 names are already on the list.
Although it has drawn up a list of hard-hitting economic sanctions, the EU is still hesitating over deploying them because of fears among some member states of antagonising Russia, their major energy supplier.
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Duran.