According to the latest Fox News Poll, Donald Trump has taken a slight lead over Hillary Clinton in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup.
It’s a Fox News Poll, so naturally it would lean towards a Republican angle, but the poll still follows a bigger trend, and that is Trump is closing the gap on Clinton.
RealClearPolitics trend of polls shows Clinton’s lead now at its smallest since the beginning of March:
The Fox News Poll also “finds majorities of voters feel both frontrunners lack strong moral values and will say anything to get elected.”
Here is a breakdown of the numbers:
- Trump has a 45%-42% edge over Clinton…if the election were held today.
- Last month (April 2016) Clinton was leading by 48%-41%.
- Bernie Sanders leads Trump 46% to 42%, according to the same poll.
- Trump enjoys big support among whites, leading Clinton 55% to 31% percent.
- The margin grows among whites without a college degree, 61% for Trump and just 24% for Clinton.
- Women voters back Clinton with 50% and just 36% support Trump.
- Clinton leads Trump among black voters (90% to 7%) and Hispanics (62% to 23%).
The Fox News Poll surveyed 1,021 registered voters from May 14-17. The poll has a margin of error of 3 points.
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Duran.