Hours ago The Duran reported on anther horrific bus attack carried out by Wahhabi jihadists (supported by the US, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey), on civilians evacuating two Shia provinces in Syria’s Idlib.
The Duran’s headline makes it clear that western backed “moderate rebels” (aka Al Qaeda/Al Nusra/ISIS) are held accountable for the bus burnings: “BREAKING: “Moderate rebels” torch buses in Aleppo evacuating civilians“…
Demonstrating again their relentless sectarian agenda Al-Qaeda led Jihadis attack and burn buses tasked with evacuating Shiite fighters and civilians from besieged Shiite villages despite this putting the withdrawal of Jihadi fighters and civilians in Aleppo in jeopardy.
Reports from Syria confirm that buses which were due to evacuate civilians and wounded Shiite militia fighters from two Shia provinces in Syria’s Idlib province have been attacked and burnt by the Al-Qaeda led Jihadis who are besieging these villages.
Unfortunately main stream media outlets that did report on the attack, refused to associate the “moderate rebel” misnomer to the terrible crime…that would be bad for optics and blow apart the “false news” narrative reported out of Syria by the establishment media.
“Moderate rebels” who are in fact Al Qaeda, which goes by the name Al Nusra, which is mixed in with ISIS, and is supported by the USA, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey, attacked the buses and burned them to ashes.
Here is how the main stream media tiptoed around this uncomfortable truth, using terms like “rebels” without the “moderate” in front, blaming the attack on “militants”, using the words “armed terrorists” in combination with “Syrian state media said”, or reporting that the attack was carried by an “angry crowd of people, possibly alongside pro-government forces.”
A number of buses have succeeded in entering Foah and Kefraya, according to the UK-based monitoring group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR). It earlier reported that Jabhat Fatah al-Sham, formerly al-Qaeda-linked Nusra Front, had been holding them up.
However, six buses were attacked and torched on the way, the SOHR said.
Syrian state media said “armed terrorists” attacked five buses, burned and destroyed them.
Syrian state media said “armed terrorists” had attacked five buses, burned and destroyed them.
A pick-up truck then shoots across the screen while repeated chants of “allahu akbar” are heard off camera.
The buses were en route to al-Foua and Kefraya when they were hijacked, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed.
Some buses, as well as Red Crescent vehicles, reached the entrance to the villages in Idlib province, which are under attack from rebels.
Syrian state media said “armed terrorists” – a term it uses for insurgent groups fighting against Assad’s rule – attacked five buses and burned and destroyed them.
Evacuation buses preparing to enter the besieged Syrian villages of al-Foua and Kefraya were attacked and burned, in Idlib province on Sunday, according to the Syrian State News Agency.
It comes as the evacuation operation was due to resume after being stopped on Friday.
NBC News’ Chief Global Correspondent Bill Neely, who is on the ground in Syria, said the burned-out buses had been set to rescue 4,000 people trapped in the two villages.
Neely saw unverified footage of a man identifying himself as a rebel shouting “Allahu akbar…we have succeeded in burning the buses that came to take those Shia away. We’ll burn any more buses that come.”
Syrian Organization for Human Rights said six buses were burned.
Local sources said the buses were set on fire by rebels, unhappy that besieged civilians were to be evacuated from the villages. The villages are Shi-ite, pro-Assad villages besieged by rebels.
— Michael Horowitz (@michaelh992) December 18, 2016
Buses due to evacuate civilians from the besieged Syrian villages of al-Foua and Kefraya have been attacked and set ablaze.
Activists said militants had burned at least five buses that were en route to evacuate wounded and sick people from the Shia enclave in northern Syria.
According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the al-Qaeda-affiliated Fatah al-Sham Front was responsible for the attack.
Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group fighting alongside Syrian forces, said fighting broke out between jihadis and rebels that supported the evacuations.
State media said “armed terrorists”, a term it uses for rebels fighting against President Bashar al-Assad’s regime, carried out the attack.Rebel officials said an angry crowd of people, possibly alongside pro-government forces, was responsible.
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Duran.