Submit a post to The Duran
Our Editors will review your article and revert back to you within 24 hours.
The Duran is passionate about original, insightful content, and we are honored to receive articles from everyone of our readers. We know how much time and passion is needed to create a great post…but we do have some simple rules and guidelines for anyone wishing to submit a post for publication on The Duran:
1) Please keep your post on point and focused (500-800 words). Always provide a title for your post. We may decide to change it before going live, but good title is a must.
a) Please submit all articles in PDF of TXT format. Keep it simple, no fancy formatting. Use fonts like Helvetica or your computer default.
b) Do not indent paragraphs and please bullets on your lists. Simple dashes (-) are best.
d) Do not use HTML tags in your post, except for embedded links. If you would like to submit your piece already formatted in HTML, please send us an HTML document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Please include a short (one paragraph) bio with your post. Include an email address where we can contact you. If you have a website and social media accounts, include those links as well, at the bottom of your post content.
4) Fair play. Always link to sources. The Duran believes in proper journalist ethics, and we always link back to our sources. If you blockquote a news source, include statistics, or cite another article you must back it up with a link. Embed links in the text, not like this (http://www.theduran.com/).
5) Please let us know whether or not your piece is an original post. We prefer original work, but we will reprint pieces that are exceptional. We do not pay for most submitted articles. If you expect payment, please let us know so that we can come to an agreement.
6) Finally, if your post is not accepted, please don’t stop sending us articles. Acceptance depends on many factors and editorial requirements. Keep sending us your articles. We enjoy working with writers and contributors.